Project partners - Suppliers
e2v microsensors SA (Switzerland)
e2v microsensors SA (formerly MiCS) is part of a large industrial group headquartered in Chelmsford (UK). It is based in Corcelles, a suburb of Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The company owns its manufacturing equipment for the mass production of silicon based gas sensors. The company is ISO/TS 16949 certified.
e2v designs and manufactures chemical micro-sensors and micro-systems. The company uses patented processes to manufacture very small sensors, combining unique sensing materials and semiconductor manufacturing techniques. In the last five years, the company has developed new sensors to be used in automobiles for controlling the recirculation flap and thus reducing the average pollution in the cabin. e2v currently delivers those products to many major European HVAC manufacturers and OEMS such as Delphi, Valeo, Visteon, Volkswagen, Volvo, Renault, GM etc...
e2v key competences:
Silicon based micro-hotplates and associated processes
Metal deposition on silicon wafers
- Electrode and micro-hotplate designs
- Gas sensitive materials
- Deposition of gas sensitive materials on silicon
- Synthesis of nanoparticles for gas sensitive layers
- Gas sensor characterization
- Gas sensor production in high volume (>1M units per year)
- Electronics and software for treatment of gas sensor signals
- Automotive sensors development and manufacturing