Project partners - Suppliers
Selin Sistemi (Italy)
Since established in 1945 SELIN SISTEMI S.p.A. has been operating in the design, manufacture and market of high technology electromechanical systems tailored for special applications, such as:
- electronic servo drives
- DC, AC Induction, AC Synchronous PM Brushless motors
- UPS and frequency converters
- Motor generating sets with special features
Selin products play an important role in a variety of industries, including the defence and automotive industry.
Our mission is to develop and manufacture engineered systems and components for industry and defence market by offering value-added total solutions in the electromechanical and electronics fields.
Selin has designed and delivered complete drive systems for vehicles including small cars, trucks, electric bicycles, wheelchairs and scooters. These include:
- Electric drives with hybrid synchronous reluctance motors for electric traction, in cooperation with Politecnico di Torino. Really innovative design: field oriented control, very high efficiency electric machine, quasi resonant low losses DC/AC power converter. Customers: Lamborghini for electric VAN and Fiat for electric car
- Hybrid series Bus systems for Fontana Group. Complete system composed of two AC PM in wheel motors, with power converter, steer system, battery charger, engine running
- Prototypes of electric scooter units for Piaggio company, composed of AC PM motor, full digital power converter and battery charger
- ield oriented controlled power converters and disc shape induction machines for hybrid parallel vehicles in collaboration with CRF
- Electric drives for AC induction motor in lift truck applications, and massive production
Selin is involved in a EC research project (FRESCO) for the development and realization of a fuel cell supplied scooter.